Employee Onboarding is an important and vital part of any companies hiring procedure. Hiring, training, and bringing new employees on board cost a lot of money and are major investments. Onboarding is a secure investment that will assist newly hired employees in developing and keeping their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. It will stop highly skilled workers from being lured to a competitor, which makes your company stronger within the market.
Through Employee Onboarding you will find it lowers costs related to employee turnover. It will increase productivity and produce a happier and more skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company and having a structured set of procedures will make this time run smoother and produce a greater chance of success.
Purpose of Onboarding
The purpose of onboarding is to help new hires transition into the roles at the company. When implemented correctly, onboarding will alleviate stress as it improves the culture of an organization. Employees who start well are more likely to stay at the company long-term. This will reduce turnover and save money in hiring and training costs.
- Family Business Owner
- Consultant & Business Advisor
- HR & Manager
- Franchise Owner
- Small Business Owner
- Solutions Manager
- Manufacturer Executive
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Define onboarding.
- Understanding the benefits and purpose of onboarding.
- Recognize how to prepare for an onboarding program.
- Identify ways to engage and follow up with employees.
- Create expectations.
- Discover the importance of resiliency and flexibility.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Purpose of Onboarding
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Introduction
What Is Onboarding?
The Importance of Onboarding
Making Employees Feel Welcome
First Day Checklist
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Onboarding Preparation
Designating a Mentor
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Onboarding Checklist
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Creating an Engaging Program
Getting Off on the Right Track
Role of Human Resources
Role of Managers
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Following Up with New Employees
Initial Check in
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Setting Expectations
Identifying Opportunities for Improvement and Growth
Setting Verbal Expectations
Putting It in Writing
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Resiliency and Flexibility
What Is Resiliency?
Why Is It Important?
What is Flexibility?
Why Is It Important?
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Assigning Work
The Dictatorial Approach
The Apple Picking Approach
The Collaborative Approach
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Providing Feedback
Characteristics of Good Feedback
Feedback Delivery Tools
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- Employee Onboarding Getting Started
- Employee Onboarding Purpose of Onboarding
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 02
- Employee Onboarding Module 02 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Introduction
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 03
- Employee Onboarding Module 03 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding, Onboarding Preparation
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 04
- Employee Onboarding Module 04 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding, Onboarding Checklist
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 05
- Employee Onboarding Module 05 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Creating an Engaging Program
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 06
- Employee Onboarding Module 06 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Following Up with New Employees
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 07
- Employee Onboarding Module 07 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Setting Expectations
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 08
- Employee Onboarding Module 08 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Resiliency and Flexibility
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 09
- Employee Onboarding Module 09 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Assigning Work
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 10
- Employee Onboarding Module 10 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Providing Feedback
- Employee Onboarding Case Study Module 11
- Employee Onboarding Module 11 Quiz
- Employee Onboarding Wrapping Up
- Rate Employee Onboarding Course