We've all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. Participants will identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
The Interpersonal Skills coursework will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations. They will also identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Family Business Owner
- Consultant & Business Advisor
- Focus Group Analyst
- Franchise Owner
- Small Business Owner
- Solutions Manager
- Strategic Development Officer
- Venture Capitalist
- Manufacturer Executive
- Case Study
- Multiple choice questions quiz
- Gain quality workplace skills and experience to help launch your career.
- Develop work-related skills and experiences that are recognized by employers.
- Develop independence and confidence in an adult learning environment.
- Gain an insight into various industry areas to help you decide on a career pathway.
- Potentially gain recognition for prior learning for your previous study or work.
- High-quality course written by industry experts with easy to understand course content
- Course materials provided online with unlimited tutor support – no textbooks to buy
- Gain an Australian Certificate upon your successful completion of coursework (Certificate hard copy will be posted to you)
- Course may be tax deductible - see your tax advisor
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what is ‘non-verbal communication’ and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Verbal Communication Skills
Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t the Same Thing
Communicating with Power
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
The Signals You Send to Others
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
Starting a Conversation
The Four Levels of Conversation
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Moving the Conversation Along
Asking for Examples
Using Summary Questions
Asking for Clarity and Completeness
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Remembering Names
Creating a Powerful Introduction
Uh-Oh…I’ve Forgotten Your Name
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Influencing Skills
Seeing the Other Side
Building a Bridge
Giving In Without Giving Up
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Bringing People to Your Side
A Dash of Emotion
Plenty of Facts
Bringing It All Together
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Sharing Your Opinion
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Negotiation Basics
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Making an Impact
Creating a Powerful First Impression
Assessing a Situation
Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
- Interpersonal skills Getting Started
- Interpersonal skills Verbal Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 02
- Interpersonal skills Module 02 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 03
- Interpersonal skills Module 03 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 04
- Interpersonal skills Module 04 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Moving the Conversation Along
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 05
- Interpersonal skills Module 05 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Remembering Names
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 06
- Interpersonal skills Module 06 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 07
- Interpersonal skills Module 07 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Bringing People to Your Side
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 08
- Interpersonal skills Module 08 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Sharing Your Opinion
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 09
- Interpersonal skills Module 09 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Negotiation Basics
- Interpersonal skills Case Study 10
- Interpersonal skills Module 10 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Making an Impact
- Interpersonal skills Case Study Module 11
- Interpersonal skills Module 11 Quiz
- Interpersonal skills Wrapping it Up
- Rate Interpersonal skills Course